Bed buddies. Blankies. Lovies. Whatever you call it, having a little snuggle buddy for baby is always good to have. And even though they may not take to it right off the bat, it is nice to have a back up when you need to put baby down.
Here are a few of my fave lovies, tried and true.
And others with the mama stamp of approval.
- Aden and Anais security blanket and lovey. There is a reason why aden and anais swaddles, blankets, bed sheets and clothes are so coveted. They are the softest and most delicate, breathable muslin cotton. Which is cozy and soft against babies delicate skin while remaining breathable. www.adenandanais.com/blankets/security-blankets/
- Under the Nile Blanket Friend. A pure organic and Egyptian cotton lovey that is perfect for cuddling and even chewing (lol). Nothing is more perfect and soft for rubbing on babies sweet face. Fresh colors and prints and imported Egyptian cotton, Under the nile also has a clothing, toys collection and more. http://www.babyjoy.ca/Stroller-Blankie-Toys-s/1883.htm
- Angel Dear Blankie comes in the sweetest and largest array of animal friends from brown monkey and pink unicorn to white lamb and brown fox (and many more). Based out of San Francisco, I definitely found that the amazing quality for the equally amazing price was too good to be true! http://www.angeldear.net/search.php?search_query=blankie&page=8§ion=product
- Swaddle Designs Organic Cotton Lovie/Blankie gives you several options to choose from. Babies love sliding their fingers and cheeks against the soft satin trim and blankie comes in different textured fabric to choose from. Crisp cotton flannel, soft plush dot and breathable muslin cotton to name a few. http://www.swaddledesigns.com/shop/security-blankets-baby-lovie.html?left-nav
- SMALL SHOP OPTION: Because I truly adore shopping with smaller and local based business’ I have to include a favorite of mine. Slumberkins has the softest lovie friends designed to promote healthy attachments and they each come with a sleepy time rhyme. The shop is owned and run by two fellow mothers and best friends. What makes the slumberkins so special and unique is the idea behind them. They were created to promote positive attachments during the bedtime routine with the idea of incorporating skill-building routines using therapeutic techniques. Their passion and creativity really is so admirable and I am such a big fan of the intention they are promoting with these sweet lovies. Check them out. slumberkins.com Below is Mila with the Slumber sloth. We call her Rosey and just love her.!